Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Single Mom Inc.

Hi. My late mother, Hjh Kamaliah Mohamad, may Allah bless her soul, became a single mother @ the age of 50. My late dad, Hj Mohd Ghazali Sulaiman, may Allah bless his soul, died of cancer at the age of 51. When he passed away, my late mom was left on her own to fend for the 12 of us [many of whom were school-going then] and pay off loads of debt left behind by my late dad. She struggled very2 hard and managed to do it all - successfully raising all 12 of us and paid off all my late dad's debt ...

U c, my late mother had very little education, business experience and could not speak any English for that matter...how did she do it? I had the pleasure of helping her with the family's business then and driving her around the city and elsewhere to attend to business and family matters..

Looking back, I could safely say that she worked very2 hard for the family, prayed hard [tak pernah miss tahajjud and dhua], banyak doa and never for once rasa penat or entertained thoughts of giving up ..... selalu pikir pasal anak2 she would say..anak2 nak makan apa? she would say...

She passed away @ the age of 81...I miss her a great deal and still feel her presence in my life till this day.. So, to all single moms out there, don't despair, never give up...never feel sad, sorry or ashamed ... move on...fight on...you are not alone..

This posting is inspired by what I read in mamasita-mamamia's blog, in that blog, I suggested that,  for starters, perhaps we can set up some sort of support group for single mothers to share their thoughts and feelings with others .... to help lessen the psycho-emotional burden at the very least..U may want to ask me .."but u are a man, how could you possibly understand what we women have gone or are going thru'.. u know u r quite rt to a certain extent..but you need to understand 2 things i.e. [1] that I was with my late mom when late dad passed away ...  I was very close to her [and my late dad] and had spent a lot of time with her then until her demise in May 2006 and [2] I am a man, a husband and a father ... we are the cause of moms going single either by death or divorce [both of which are equally painful]...God forbid... so look me up @ myFacebook for Single Moms Inc....lets give it a shot, lets make it happen...nothing to loose everything to gain...

2 comments:

  1. Assalmulaikum, tlg bg I ur e-mail, I tend to b home bound so xdpt tUp my fons but I can open my gmail. Tnks! Caful if your place (Perak, en route home) air naik.
    Take care, wassalam!

    ReplyDelete